I hope to continue to develop my passive income over the next year and triple my AdSense income. Of course I have no direct control over the amount of income that I make with AdSense but I do have control over my publishing and linking efforts. My general sense is that I will need to triple my traffic to triple my income since CTR and CPC have been within a range over the last several months. As a result, here are my main goals for 2011:
- I plan on publishing 3 Hubs at HubPages per week. I figure that if I can write one during the week in bits and pieces and one each on Saturday and Sunday, by the end of the year I will have an additional 156 Hubs to add to my 173. That is almost double the number of articles.
- I plan on submitting 3 backlinks per day each and every day during 2011. This will provide me with over 1,000 backlinks to my Hubs. I would think that this should at least increase my traffic by about 50% or so.
As a result of the above 2 efforts, I would like to see the following happen. I don't have direct control over these results but would hope for:
- Tripling of my AdSense income--I simply need to triple each and every month of the year and will be able to track my progress by taking the lowest AdSense total for 2010 and multiplying by 3. My three worst months for 2010 were April, May, and June with $22.86, $24.54, and $28.10 respectively. Therefore for the month of January 2011 I simply need to earn $68.58 to remain on target.
- I would like to increase my followers on HubPages to 750 by the end of the year. I am at 520 currently. I would also like to see the number of followers on this blog increase to 80. This will be more difficult since I seem to be adding followers more slowly here.
- I would also like to see the amount of traffic at this blog increase by a factor of 2 and hopefully see the Alexa rank decrease below 500,000. I am starting to see an increase in the amount of search engine traffic appearing at this blog. It is up over 15% now so that is encouraging to think that I might be getting some increased visibility.
- As a result of increased traffic at HubPages, I would like to see my Amazon results improve as well. It took 18 months to get to my first $10 payout. I am now at about $7 on my way to the next. I think it would be wonderful to get 3 payouts in 2011. I will just have to see what happens since I won't be writing very many product Hubs. But who knows?
There has been a lot of talk and suggestions from others that I get my own site. I would like to address that in the next post so be sure to read that one if you are a regular. Also, be sure to comment and briefly list some of your own goals for 2011. I will be looking out for the posts as well. I hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Year and a productive 2011.