Buy Hosting From Host Gator

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Webinar from the Keyword Academy

I just spent the last 2 hours watching a webinar hosted by Court Tuttle from the Keyword Academy. It was entitled Massive Traffic 101. I knew some of the information already and felt good that I was able to follow what he was saying. At the same time, I learned a lot and also received some motivation to get more organized and systematic about my online efforts.


Granted I have known that I need to do a better job of organizing my efforts. It has been difficult for me to do it thus far as this has been a part time effort. However, I want to try and do a better job in the future.


February Goals


As a result of this webinar, I have elected to make my goals for February consistent with the principles that I learned. I would like to get more organized and will seek to do so in the following 3 ways:
  1. Spend at least 1 hour each weekend doing keyword research for my residual income articles and get a list of keywords to target in my blog posts and article writing.
  2. Spend at least 1 hour each weekend reviewing my existing articles and taking those that have the most traffic and earnings and getting more links to those articles.
  3. Take those keywords from step 1 and write a few articles for HubPages, Xomba, and my blogs .

Right now, the biggest issue that I see with achieving my passive income goals is traffic. Actually, it's the lack thereof. To be truly honest, I am getting some traffic and the traffic that I am getting is decent. I just want it to grow faster than it is. I hope that by making a few adjustments, I will be able to increase my traffic. Overall, I would like to see it double by the end of 2010.

Getting back into the swing of things for February will also be a major objective of mine. I think it is doable. Now that I am healthy and refreshed from the time off, I feel like I can go at it pretty hard for several months.

As always, I will let everyone know how it goes. The other thing that I took from the webinar is that it just takes time and effort to build an online income. I have always known that. I just plan on taking it one month at a time.

4 comments:

  1. Good idea taking it one month at a time. It is hard, but I truly believe it takes time too. Good luck with your February goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ruth.
    Without a doubt, there is a lot of time involved. Not only time, but also consistency.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kidgas - I just blew in from Hubpages, you've go an interesting blog going here. As you no doubt know, traffic is all about keywords and backlinks - I notice you don't have any backlinks from .edu sites - they are apparently useful to have :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Stocks,
    Thanks for the interest. No doubt that without traffic from keywords and links, there are no earnings. I would love to get some .edu links.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails