What I would like to say, however, is that I have signed up for the site, joined the writer's compensation program and published my first list in about 30 minutes time. Now it is just a matter of seeing what income might possibly result. In the spirit of the site, allow me to list my 5 top reasons for joining and writing on listmy5.com:
- Opportunity for Residual Income--The site seems to have a similar business model as eHow paying writers residual income. I suspect it is somehow tied into views and ad clicks as well as possibly activity on the site. It is not entirely clear how the money is made, but I am sure AdSense revenue plays a big role.
- Payments are via Paypal--I really felt like I wanted to have some more money coming into my Paypal account. I am using my Google AdSense checks as extra payments on a credit card. My plan is to use Paypal money for increasing my web presence and possibly even using for hosting and other related fees when I get to the point of creating my own website. Extra money in my Paypal account will allow me to do more sooner.
- Low Payout Threshold--Like eHow, listmy5 will make monthly payments when you reach $10. The amount also rolls over to the next month if you don't make it. I like the prospect of being paid monthly assuming I can make the minimum each month. I suspect it will take a little while but maybe by the end of the year.
- Opportunity to Diversify--I like the idea of being able to diversify my income stream away from HubPages since it represents quite a bit of my AdSense income currently. List My 5 seems like a site that I can get excited about and publish a fair number of articles rather quickly.
- Quick and Easy Writing Format--The writing format seems to be something that suits my personality. I was able to write my first list with ease in about 20 minutes, not to mention the fact that it was published instantly. While some lists will require research, others might simply be personal favorite lists or preferences. I was able to come up with about 20 different ideas for lists on my drive to pick up the kids from gymnastics practice. Not all of them were good, but the brainstorming was rapid.
- (BONUS) Ownership Rights--OK so I am a geek and will read the Terms of Service from time to time. I liked the fact that I retain all ownership rights to my content. Ultimately, if the site disappears then I can republish on another site. Just be sure that you keep a copy of your content on your personal computer. I have been rather lax about this lately at HubPages and should go back to copy and paste.
My goal is to publish several Lists over the next several days and wait a few days before posting some backlinks on the various sites I use such as Xomba, SheToldMe, and Redgage. Then I will see how long it takes to develop some earnings and determine how much time and effort I would like to spend on the site. In the meantime, you can see the two lists that I have published so far:
Reasons to Invest in Silver
Reasons to Join List My Five
Well, that is all I had for now. I will be sure to keep everyone up to date with my progress on the site. I am not sure if the view counter is working properly since it says I have over 50 views between the two articles within minutes of publication. Maybe it is counting Google ad spiders. I suppose that could be a good thing if Google is visiting the site frequently. Oh well, like I said, I will let everyone know how it goes.
Feel free to offer up any comments or assessments. Photo credit: woodley wonderworks