Buy Hosting From Host Gator

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

SEO Experiment Thus Far

Yesterday, I wrote the second article for my link wheel and published it on eHow with a link back to the "SEO Experiment" post. I did not add any other links since that was my third article in the wheel. The second article in the wheel will go on InfoBarrel but since IB requires editing, I wanted to have the eHow article completed so that I could put the link in the IB article in the first draft and not have to change it.

It wouldn't have been that complicated had I written it out more intelligently when I set up my wheel. That is why I am practicing with this keyword that is not that important to me. I don't want to go through all the research to find a good niche and mess up on the SEO.

Yesterday, my post ranked as high as 29th position on Google. This morning it is at position #392. I hope that this is the lowest it goes and has nothing to do with building the link wheel. I have heard that once you are indexed, you end up going into the sandbox for a little while. I guess I am just making some sandcastles. It will be instructive to see how long this lasts. I will be sure to keep you up to date.

I have the InfoBarrel article complete. I am waiting to post it for a few days in case the loss of rank has to do with the rapidity of posts linking to my blog post. I will likely send it out on Sunday since I will be away for a few days and have limited internet access. In the meantime, I can work on my other 3 "spoke" articles. I have some rough ideas and can get some writing done finishing up the research when I get back.

That is all I had to report. I wanted to let everyone know that 2 spokes were done, and I am playing in sand. Talk to you later.

1 comment:

  1. I'm having trouble with my ranking with Google as well. What happened to me was having duplicate content. I used my blog http://johnofalltrades.blogspot.com to showcase my Ehow articles. It went pretty well for about a month until one dreaded day....no page views on Google. Unfortunately for me, after 75 posts I will have to go back through and rewrite the copied and pasted introductions to my articles on the blog posts then ask for a site reconsideration!

    I think I will concentrate mostly writing for Ehow until I reach 500. I have been steadily writing 10 a day for close to a week and it's not as bad as what I thought it would be in terms of time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails