Buy Hosting From Host Gator

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Writing on the Road

So I am here at the Men’s Junior Olympic National Gymnastics Championships in Knoxville, TN trying to squeeze in enough extra time to get 15 Hubs finished as part of the 60 Day Challenge before the promotion phase begins sometime in the near future and likely within the next 24 hours. Let me tell you, it isn’t going to happen. There is no way that I can get 15 Hubs written in 24 hours. I suspect that I can get 5 or 6 done. In fact as I write this, I have 3 in various levels of outline and can get those done. Staying up late tonight will enable to write a few more, but not 15.

Be that as it may, I am still pleased with my progress even if somewhat embarrassed at not being able to carry my weight as part of the challenge team. It didn’t help not having my laptop for the first week of the challenge, nor not having any day off during the week for 3 straight weeks during the main writing component. Each weekend was also filled to capacity with gymnastics and soccer. Considering all the impediments to time, I am quite impressed with what I have accomplished.

That being said, I still want to work hard and finish the 30 Hubs as quickly as possible while maintaining their usefulness and quality so I can move on to the promotion phase. I am really looking forward to that aspect since getting traffic has been one of the most difficult tasks of making money online. I think that my writing is respectable and useful, but I have never been a salesman. I have a very difficult time selling and promoting let alone promoting myself.

I will be curious to see what kind of traffic can be gained during the promotion phase and the long term impact on the search results. I have already been noticing an increase in traffic simply from publishing a lot of material. In fact according to Google Analytics, my HubPages traffic is up 25% over the last 30 days. And I haven’t done anything except tweet each article and post some of them to Facebook after writing them. I can’t wait to see what happens and hope that the results are sustainable.

Well, I shouldn’t waste much more time writing here. I need to get back to the articles but wanted to take a mental break. My son is going through an early morning practice on the equipment. He doesn’t compete for another 48 hours so we are going to try and find something fun to do while here. The weather is nice with blue skies and the grass and trees are green. I am enjoying the experience and won’t spend all my time writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails