Buy Hosting From Host Gator

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Update on List My Five, LM5 Taking on eHow

I thought I would provide an update on my efforts and results at List My Five before I have about ten days with limited internet access.  For those who don't know, List My Five is a new writing site that is reminiscent of the early days of eHow.  I wasn't around for those early days, but I can definitely see the similarities.

Since I have articles at eHow and am writing for List My Five as well, I thought it would be fun to compare the sites as well as providing an update on my LM5 activities.  My first list at LM5 was published on 9/17/2010 and by the end of September had published a total of 7 lists.  I have published another in October and hope to get several more done by the end of the month.  With those 7 lists, I earned a total of $2.29 by the end of September.

I started writing at eHow on July 23, 2009 and by the end of the month had published 8 articles.  I had not earned anything by the end of the month but did manage to earn a total of $13.76 by the end of August so I made the payout.   I did publish an additional 18 articles bringing the total to 26 for that first full month.  Currently I have a total of 38 articles at eHow and that is all I will ever have.  I will typically make payout earning between $10 and $20 each month in totally passive income.

So far this month, I have earned $0.78 with eHow and $0.11 with LM5.  It will be fun to watch what happens with earnings as I get more and more lists published.  It would be cool to make payout by the end of this month, but I certainly don't expect to get to that level until the end of the year.  I am happy to say that each list except the most recently published has earned something.  I suspect that is because it hasn't been indexed yet.  Here are the two lists that I know haven't been indexed yet:



Top Five Online Stock Brokers I Have Used

Top Five Activities When Suffering from Writers Block

I am not sure how long it takes for lists to be indexed since apparently it helps to post one link to those lists.  I think that it won't be long (by the end of the year) and LM5 will be recognized as a decent, legitimate content site.  It is growing by leaps and bounds.  When I checked today, its Alexa rank for 3 months was 245,519 and 1 month was 86,673.  Also each time I look at the site, new people are signing up daily.  I wouldn't be surprised to see it have a 1 month Alexa rank under 50,000 by the end of the year.

Overall, I have had 820 views of my lists.  I am adding about 15-20 views per day.  I even had one of my lists make the front page.  That is exciting.  I am really pleased with the progress at LM5 and feel that it will provide decent residual income to add to my Paypal account each month.  I just want to make sure that I get more published than I have at eHow.  I would like to get it done by the end of the year.  Getting 50 lists published seems like a decent goal to me. 

Well, I will continue to make periodic updates.  Has any of you joined List My Five and published any lists?

Photo credit: Nanami Kamimura

10 comments:

  1. I joined LM5 on Sept. 29th and have made .24 so far with 11 lists and 2262 pageviews. I've received a huge jump in pageviews the past 2 days from under 700 to over 2200, which I am attributing to the efforts of a group of us blasting twitter with RT's of each other's articles. We're posting our list links on twitter with the hashtag #LM5 so we can just search for them and RT whenever we have time. Feel free to join in on this. Just search twitter for #LM5 and start following those folks and RTing for them. Then start tweeting your lists with #LM5 in them and you should see others RT for you. I'm looking forward to another earnings update which I hope will correspond to the increase in recent pageviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bestmommy,
    That sure sounds like an interesting concept. I will do this and see what happens. By the way, I retweeted a few myself last night and will be looking to follow others on LM5 as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the re-tweets! My earnings have doubled since using the twitter teamwork strategy and my pageviews have increased 5X what they were on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is certainly impressive. I am amazed that it seems to be working so well. I am not sure that it is a viable long-term strategy but to generate a little buzz is probably OK.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wrote my first list on Sept 8 and so far have earned a coupld of bucks. The potetial is there and the Twitter blitz is certainly a great way to promote the site. I don't think it's a good idea to do this all the time but it never hurts to RT any list you find interesting. by year end we should be showing some nice profits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elaine,
    My main goal is to make the first payout of $10 by the end of the year. I suspect that I will need to get to about 20 lists to do that guaranteed. I would like to get more done than that, but I think that would be a minimum to assure getting the job done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am on List My Five, and I have been loving it just because it is so much fun to come up with new ideas and write lists. I am a natural list maker, and have been my whole life, so it's like a dream come true! haha Plus, it came at a good time... I missed writing for eHow, and I have a hard time writing eHow articles through Demand Studios (They think I'm too wordy and fluffy I think! haha). I have only made about $1.50 so far on LM5, but eHow started slow too, so I have faith. :) I write for other sites too, and I have a blog (PonchoMeg: The Modern Bohemian) but LM5 is getting most of my attention right now. I would like to have 50-100 lists by the end of the year. If I can do more, great! But the idea is just to keep plugging away. Good luck to you and anyone else on LM5. I can't wait to be able to connect as friends on there. (The community was always my favorite part of eHow. I met so many nice people.)
    Peace and Love,
    Meagan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Meagan,
    Thanks so much for your comments. I too am looking forward to the community aspect of LM5. Furthermore, I would also like to get to about 50 lists by the end of the year. The sooner the better to start earning. I wish you the best on the site and look forward to being friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We can definitely reach our goals if we keep at it. :) Since my comment to you, I have written several more lists (I'm up to 33) and am now up to almost $5.00. I really believe in this site and think it can be amazing. Already the community that has emerged through comments and on Twitter and Facebook is so positive. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Meagan,
    Congrats on earning almost $5. I think you are right that the site will turn out to be a winner.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails