But just like on the golf trip where I have to compete in the "A" bracket against guys shooting about 15 strokes better than me for skins and pins, so it is on the internet. I have to celebrate the small victories. It is a major accomplishment on the course when I get a few skins (meaning I got a better score on a hole than all of the other "A" golfers which for me meant a par). Likewise, I have a few major accomplishments to celebrate for 2011 even if I don't quite match up with some of the other internet gurus.
So, I would like to list my accomplishments to encourage myself and others:
- Before leaving for golf, I was able to maintain my publishing schedule and publish 9 Hubs (I even published one while in South Carolina but it is difficult to keep up when physically tired from 27 holes each day).
- Even though it doesn't look like I will meet the earnings target this month, I am already ahead of my worst AdSense month from 2010 with several more days to go. I am also getting some earnings virtually every day.
- Traffic is more than double compared to January 2010. In fact, my worst day this month was better than every day except one in January 2010.
- I had 58 Amazon clicks in the first quarter of 2010 with no orders. In January 2011, I have had 85 clicks with 7 orders.
- Linking at SheToldMe is paying off since it now shows up as a traffic source for my articles at HubPages.
- I have added followers on this blog and HubPages. I am almost at 600 followers on HubPages.
- My Alexa rank on this blog has been steadily declining and is under 400,000 for the 1 month ranking.
- EHow earnings have almost doubled compared to January 2010.
I hope this has been uplifting for someone. I know it can get discouraging to feel that you are making no progress but looking back at a year ago will reveal otherwise. That is why it is helpful for me to keep the data that I do. I hope everyone has a solid remainder of the month.