Buy Hosting From Host Gator

Friday, January 28, 2011

January Efforts on Target...

...at least for the most part.  Too bad I can't say the same for the results.  Since it is getting close to the end of the month and I took some time away from publishing Hubs during my golf trip, I decided to look and see how the publishing efforts looked against my goal of one Hub during the week and two on the weekends.  I took the calendar and counted out the number that I should have published and came up with a total of 14.

Then I compared it to reality and found that I have published 11 Hubs so far this month.  I also have the rest of today to publish another as well as this weekend to do two more so I am officially on track.  I haven't been as lucky with my linking efforts.  I know for a fact that I didn't get 3 done each and every day.  I would estimate that I got it done on about half the days, but I still have done more linking than any month previously.  I plan on finishing out the month strong with 3 more Hubs and doing my links each day.

Unfortunately, it looks like I am only on pace to double the income of my lowest AdSense month in 2010.  That is OK since I couldn't expect a flurry of activity to have immediate results.  This is by far a record traffic month so that can only mean that better results are on the way.  The biggest problem is that my CPC is down compared to other months.  I guess that having more traffic with more clicks probably averages them out to a lower overall value.  I just haven't quite made up for it in volume yet.

In the meantime, I hope everyone is having a solid start to the year.  I will say that eHow income has been solid, much better than last January.  I will also say that I am impressed with my Amazon clicks this month.  Looking over the stats for 2010 showed that my clicks increased each and every quarter of the year.  That is probably due to increasing traffic levels.  At the current pace, they will increase again this quarter so that is good considering it is not a big shopping time of the year.  I can't wait to see if I can get another payout sometime in the next few months.

Photo credit: Casito

6 comments:

  1. I like the way you are gauging things by your worst months and not your best. Because that is the baseline. That is the amount you know you can depend on each month, and as you said, this month already doubled last years worst month. I think that is awesome. Keep killin it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Jared. Thanks for the encouraging words. I am still working hard at doing all of this online income thing and am starting to see the results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to you, I'm giving HubPages a shot. I have 3 articles posted so far, but I find it pretty hard to keep motivated. Most of my concentration is going towards Demand Studios. I've heard that the DMS honey pot might be drying up soon since their IPO went through this month- definitely need to get my butt in gear when it comes to residuals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had not heard that about Demand Studios. It can be difficult to stay motivated when working just for residual income. Just take it a day at a time and before you know it, you will have 100, 200 or more articles each working every day for you while you do other stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appreciate you sharing about your progress and your results. It sounds like overall, January's been a pretty productive month for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharla,
    Thanks for your comment. I am glad you appreciate what I am doing with this blog. You are right; January has been a productive month with record levels of traffic.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails