Buy Hosting From Host Gator

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Blog Surfing

Have you ever just surfed blogs on Blogger just by clicking the "Next Blog" button at the top of the page? I was a little bored last night and didn't really feel like writing or doing anything productive but wasn't quite ready to go to sleep.

So I just started hitting the button and looking through some random blogs. It is interesting to see all of the topics and styles of blogs that are just part of Blogger. There are some really nice and well designed sites that made me feel like mine was just pitiful ugly. Of course there were others that made me feel pretty good also.

I also ran across blogs that were full of wonderful personal type pictures. On one of the sites, the author was a photographer by profession but had placed pictures of her family on the site. They were very, very good. The blog was alive with color and pleasant to look at but there wasn't any useful content for me.

Soliciting Opinions

This experience got me to thinking. I am not a professional blogger, a professional writer, a professional designer, or a professional anything as far as the internet is concerned. But I do take my efforts here fairly seriously despite having limited time. I believe that I have done a decent job of providing useful and helpful information about earning passive online income from the perspective of an individual working part-time.

I would, however, like to improve this blog to the best of my ability. I think I have several readers whom I consider professionals in the internet or writing fields and who do this for a living. Therefore, I am soliciting comments on how I might improve this blog while not being forced to spend hundreds or thousands of hours or dollars on the project.

Please feel free to leave your comments and tips in the comment section in plain view. I have always wanted this blog to be instructive so that others might learn as I do. Should I change the font? Add pictures along a certain theme? Are the colors easy on the eyes? Are my paragraphs too short or too long? Is there anything you especially like or dislike about the blog?

I want to thank everyone in advance for their advice, tips, compliments, or criticisms.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    You know what: in all the times I've visited your blog, it never passed my mind it could possibly do with some work. I'm really more interested in your content.

    But now you've mentioned it, I guess if I was to suggest anything, it would be maybe to have images in each post. I wouldn't have a problem if you didn't though. Like I said, I'm here for the content which I tend to find quite informative and useful.

    Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with MissEb; I'm here for the content. I think your writing and paragraph size is about right. In fact, I wish I could figure out how to wrap up complete thoughts with much shorter posts than I do. Your's, again, are a good length.

    If you want to spruce up the appearance, experimenting with different themes doesn't take long, and it's free. It might also be a productive way to pass the time the next time you're bored or tired.

    Even with your current theme, you might consider adding your picture and a couple of descriptive sentences to your header.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails