I just got back yesterday from Las Vegas and wanted to write a little bit about the trip. One of the great experiences was seeing the Fountains in front of the Bellagio Hotel. I thought this might make a decent little article that I would post on HubPages. I also thought it might be useful to write this post about the process. So let me show you step-by-step what went into these two pieces of content:
- Brainstorm writing about the Fountains at the Bellagio and make a blog post about the process (10 min while driving)
- Go to Google Adwords Keyword Tool and research the Bellagio (1 min). In doing this, I realized that I want to include keywords related to the Bellagio Hotel more than the Fountains themselves given the number of searches (135,000) and CPC (over $4).
- Open my Firefox browser enhanced with SEO for Firefox and check the Page Rank of all the first page Google search results for Bellagio Las Vegas and Fountains at the Bellagio. When I did this, I discovered that most were PR 4 or 5, but one was a PR 3. I might be able to displace that one given enough time and effort. Realistically, this would not be the best keyword to go after; but if this blog ends up with enough authority eventually, who knows? Right now, I am doing this for illustration purposes (2 min).
- Write Hub and making sure that I included my keywords several times but not obnoxiously so (15 min). You can view my Hub entitled "The Fountains at the Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas". I write my articles in Word and then copy and paste. I do this in case there is a problem with the network connection or if the site ever goes offline.
- I included a video and a capsule for news which might help to keep some of the content of the page fresh and published the Hub (5 min). I have also included a link in the above point using good anchor text. I double checked the article to see if ads for the Bellagio Hotel appear next to my content. They do, although not 100% of the time.
- Wrote this blog post with all the important steps that I mention above (15 min).
So for 48 minutes of my time, I have an article posted on HubPages, a blog post about the process, and a link to the original article which could ultimately help with SEO. When I published the Hub, I also took the opportunity to Tweet it. For an additional 10 minutes of my time, I can post links to both this post and my Hub on Xomba as well as post a link to this post using Blog Engage.
Now with all of these opportunities to display ads next to my content and links, who knows what potential these may all hold especially after several months as the sites mature and gain in authority? It may very well be that this process is worth several hundred dollars in ad revenue. I think that is what makes this whole process scary and exciting. Writing for Google AdSense is just mysterious. You never know what can happen.
Please feel free to comment or ask any questions you might have. Thanks for reading and I hope that this post has been helpful to someone.