Buy Hosting From Host Gator

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Cruising Right Along

In my last post, I mentioned that I was starting to feel a little burned out, and I was. I can't really explain it, but I felt as if maybe this might all be too much. I was a little down about not being able to get ahead on the Hubs for the Hub Challenge. But, looking back, I was able to accomplish quite a bit. Since Sunday, I have continued to work and publish. In just over 48 hours, I have published 2 more hubs and 2 more eHow articles.

I have also been able to get some traffic in that time frame. I am over 1800 views on all my Hubs which is where I had hoped to be by the end of July. I think I may end up over 2000 views. I am starting to see some traffic at Squidoo getting 38 views in the last 7 days. Now 3 of my 5 lenses are in the top 85,000. Finally, I am also seeing some views over at eHow. Obviously, it just takes patience and persistence.

Waiting on Earnings

I am, however, a little bit disappointed since the huge increase in traffic hasn't led to much in the way of earnings. It is totally understandable since much of the HubPages traffic has been internal traffic and they don't tend to click on ads. I am sure that over time the pages will start to see increasing search engine traffic. Several hubs that I wrote well over a month ago just pick up a view or two here and there but it adds up. I will keep on writing and working. I hope to have another 2 hubs, 2-3 eHow articles, and 1 or 2 lenses done by the start of the weekend. Then I can get another couple hubs done on the weekend. I think it is just a matter of keeping it going. I really don't have much to complain about since I did meet my earnings goal for July already. I will just have to see what August brings. My goal for August is $10. I am not quite sure if that is a stretch or not. I suspect that as I keep publishing, I will find that it is easier to attain than I realize.

I plan on updating this weekend and posting a list of all my eHow articles since I can't get the eHow widget to work. That's frustrating. Until the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails