Buy Hosting From Host Gator

Friday, March 26, 2010

More Productive Than I Thought

I haven't really felt very productive lately. In fact, I haven't really felt like I had accomplished anything since the beginning of the year. And while that may be somewhat true, over the past ten months of writing on the internet, I have been fairly productive considering that this is a part-time effort. I don't have 6 or 8 hours each day for writing and promoting.


I started working on making money online the last week of May 2009 approximately 300 days ago. In that time, I have produced the following content:


122 articles on HubPages
100 posts on this blog (My Online Income)
43 articles on Xomba
38 articles on eHow
22 articles for Life123
13 posts on the Real Assets blog
6 articles on InfoBarrel
5 articles on Triond
5 lenses on Squidoo

The total is 354 which works out to just over 1 article or post per day! I had no idea I had done so much until it hit me that I had written my 100th post here. Then I thought about the 122 articles on HubPages and thought that I could be close to 300 articles.

Obviously I have written in spurts of motivation and creativity. I just haven't felt like writing a whole lot since the beginning of the year. But now, I am starting to get motivated again. Maybe it is the spring and the warmer weather. Maybe I had just been needing to slow down for a few months.

Anyway, I think in the next few months, I am going to attack the writing again and finish the last month to 6 weeks fairly strong. I definitely want to get the last 11 articles written so that I can say that I averaged 1 per day for the first year. Then I want to average one per day for the next year and have over 700 articles or posts online available to me to earn passive income.

How much do you end up writing? One per day? More or less? I am curious to know what some of the full-time writers have done or are currently doing. What about you part-timers like me?

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kidgas, That is productive indeed. I started writing around the same time and while I have 134 articles up at S101, which is also, my main residual income site, and 94 posts up at my blog, I only have a few up at HP, Triond, Bukisa, Untrained Housewife. But I have been focusing on private client work and I will reassessing my passive income strategy and trying a few new things in the next quarter.
    Thnxs for sharing your stats. Always helpful:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are really productive!

    one article per day is considered a good production ;)

    i write one article per week and considering to increase it to 3 per week in the next month.

    my blog is also available for submitting articles and i would be happy for.

    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. @prerna,
    Wow. You have also done a lot considering that you have other work as well. Good luck in the new things that you plan.

    @David,
    Thanks much. I appreciate you reading and commenting. I wish you the best as you begin to write more. Keep in mind that just number of articles is not as meaningful as traffic and quality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have three blogs and write seven posts a week among the three of them. I think I've done about 98 other articles, and I started in August 2009. OTOH, I've been at it pretty much full time. It's hard for an academic writer to write lots of 300-500 word things. Lots of mine are over 1000 words. I have to learn either to choose narrower topics or to be satisfied with a less comprehensive treatment.

    This blog keeps me grounded like nothing else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. David Guion,
    Thanks so much for the compliment. It sounds like you are very productive as well. If you want to make shorter articles, consider breaking up larger topics into parts. Or, like you suggest, pick a more narrow focus related to the topic. That way, you could get more content and spread it out over different sites with links to the other article.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails