Buy Hosting From Host Gator

Saturday, April 17, 2010

I Am a Writing Maniac Thanks to 60 Day Challenge

About 2 weeks ago, I happened to be on HubPages and noticed that one of the members there had developed a 60 day challenge. The challenge involved writing 30 Hubs in 30 days which has become a somewhat normal type challenge coupled with 30 days of marketing and promotion. Needless to say I was very interested especially since I had started to notice that my HubPages earnings were picking up.

It turns out that I was able to participate. The opportunity was available to a limited number, and I just happened to be on the forums at the right time. Well, now I am in the process of writing my 30 Hubs in 30 days. I will have until the first few days of May. The problem is that I got behind since I didn't have my laptop back yet and went a week without being able to get on the internet on a consistent basis. I had it back for this past week, but life has been incredibly busy with work and April 15 and a ton of other stuff.

Now here it is the 17th, and I only had 2 Hubs done. That is better than I thought since I only thought I had one done! LOL! Anyway, I am using some of my own advice today and using some of that extra time for writing. I dropped the kids at gymnastics practice and rather than drive 40 minutes home and 40 minutes back, I went to a nearby Panera, paid $1.73 for my drink and use of their internet connection for 2.5 hours. So far, I have written 2 articles and published them. I am taking a break now and writing this post. After this, I will start a third article and publish it later tonight.

My plan is to be able to get at least 8 articles done this weekend, bringing my total to 10. It would be nice to get more done, but I would like to be realistic. I have a softball game tomorrow night.

Despite all the hard work, I am excited to be participating. First, it forces me to be accountable to a group of others and get the writing done. Second, I am especially eager to follow what we will be doing when it comes to the promotion phase of the challenge. I am sure that I will learn a lot during those 30 days. I expect that I will see big dividends down the road. I have already seen a bump in traffic to my Hubs. Granted, it is likely mostly fellow challenge members, but that is OK. It will be hard to measure the longer term impact but I doubt that it hurt at all.

You can follow my progress on the 60 Day Challenge log that is part of the project. I will also periodically update this blog as well especially next month as I learn more about promotion. I am trying to use what I have learned about keyword research with some of the Hubs and target phrases that have a decent amount of search traffic (about 2,000-3,000 monthly searches), a reasonable CPC (over $1) and beatable competition. For some of the Hubs, this has been applied. Others I have written for fun. Anyway, I need to quick taking a break and get back to being a writing fool.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! Finding ways to add to your writing time is smart too. Good luck with your challenge and I hope it helps to boost your HubPages revenue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement. I am hoping that it helps with the revenue aspect as well. Right now it is definitely helping with traffic although primarily HubPages traffic. But that is where it starts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having and keeping goals is a great way to boost your income. Can't wait to see your Hubpage results!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails