Buy Hosting From Host Gator

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Kicking the AdSense Habit

OK, I'll admit it. I'm addicted to AdSense and want to try and kick the habit. No, I'm not talking about de-monitizing my blog or no longer writing content. I'm talking about checking my AdSense stats every hour or so when I can.

You see, I am a stats and numbers junky, and AdSense provides me with lots of numbers that I can play with and record in spreadsheets. Plus, I am curious about how many people are visiting my articles and especially how many clicks are happening. I am always disappointed when there haven't been any clicks in the last 20 minutes and excited when there are. It simply has to stop. I have to spend more of my time writing.

So, I am going to try and go 24 hours without checking my AdSense stats to see the number of impressions, the number of clicks, the click through rate (CTR), the eCPM, and the revenue for the day. I am going to stop comparing to last month to see where things are a little different.

I get frustrated by eHow and Life123 which only update once each day. I want real time data. But it really doesn't make any difference. Looking at the stats doesn't bring me any more visitors. It won't bring any more revenue, either. Writing more does. Linking does. Reading blogs and commenting does. So, that is why I am going to kick my AdSense habit and only check once a day at most and be surprised when I see that I now have more earnings. Maybe I should check it even less often so I can be assured of some new clicks since I still can go 48 hours without one.

Thanks for listening. Anybody else out there an addict?

1 comment:

  1. Argh I am the same! I can't stop myself from checking stats! I really need to give up. Just imagine how much extra time we will have if we don't constantly check stats?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails