Buy Hosting From Host Gator

Monday, October 19, 2009

HubPages: The Good, Bad and Ugly

I thought I would post an update on HubPages since it has been awhile since I have done so. As you can see, not everything is coming up roses. I thought I would first start out with the good news, move on to the bad news, and end with the ugly.

Good News: I finally was able to finish my 100th Hub. Actually, I think the news is great. I feel a wonderful sense of accomplishment for having completed this. It also turns out that it is my longest Hub and will probably remain so until number 200. It is an article that goes into explaining the process of writing an online article for the purpose of making money online. I think it is a good article and is very helpful, especially for those just starting out. I try to put everything together in one place. Here is a link--What I Wish I Knew From Hub #1

Bad News: For me, this news is terrible. I struck out yesterday. No earnings at all from any site. This doesn't affect HubPages alone, but since I have 100 articles on the site and have spent the most effort on that site, I attribute the issue there. My last day to totally strike out was on August 9th. Over the last 2 months, I have either earned something through AdSense or on eHow. I thought those days of earning nothing were over. Woe is me! I plan on hitting it hard now. Oh well, I have had some great days this week and still hope to make my first AdSense payout by the end of the month (unless I have a string of days like yesterday). Which leads to--

Ugly: My traffic is simply ugly! I don't know what it is. I would think with 100 articles I could at least get 100 views in a day. I could barely muster 50 views yesterday on HubPages. What is up with that. I figured that as I increased my article count, traffic would slowly and steadily improve. That was the general assumption from the 30 Hubs in 30 days Challenges. Yes it worked early on when I went from 30 to 70 articles. But moving from 70 to 100 articles, my traffic has slowly been dissipating. This despite putting links on Xomba. I just don't understand it. I am seriously wondering if HubPages is being penalized for some reason. I am sure that part of it is my lack of traffic generating skills, but I can't be that bad, can I?

Oh well, I suppose it is part of the up and down emotions of earning money online. Thank goodness I don't yet depend on this for my major source of income or I would be in serious trouble after a day like yesterday. That is all I had for today. I hope to have better news the next time I write.

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! I feel your pain. Hopefully today will make up for your abysmal day yesterday

    As far as HubPages goes, I don’t have nearly as many hubs as you do but I found that my traffic there all but stopped. My first month was great, my second month was a fraction of my first month and it’s gone downhill from there.

    Although I won’t remove my hubs from HubPages, I’ve decided not to place any new work there. In the short time I’ve been with Xomba, I earned more with them so far this month than with HubPages. Go figure.

    Earning money online is like a roller coaster. Over time the lows get less low and the highs get higher. Hang in there, Kidgas. You seem to be doing very well despite your 0 income day yesterday.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails